Yay September! Suck it, August. Actually every month until the first good hard cold front can suck it, but today was oddly not horrific outside – it wasn’t so much cooler as it felt like it might be cooler soon, y’know? There’s not quite a taste of Autumn but it’s like instead of just sitting home thinking about how good pizza would taste, we’re on our way to the buffet.
What You Might Have Heard About Me:
- I’m really funny
- I have rather non-hip taste in music. Aren’t writers supposed to like obscure indie bands that feel bad about their dads and have big beards? (I sure freaking hope not.)
- I’m an awesome writer.
- I bake one hell of a cupcake.
- Once while on writing sabbatical I rescued a dozen orphaned baby eagles from poachers, my only weapons 2 tampons and a can of Coke Zero.
(One of these isn’t true. I don’t actually use tampons.)
(incidentally that little doodle in the bottom right corner is supposed to be a flaming tampon)
Today Can Best Be Described As:
- A turd sundae (with failsauce)
- (poo emoji)
- Utter shite
(I was having a really, um, shitty day.)
Favorite Days of the Year:
- The first real cold front of the year
- 19 November
- Movies at the Alamo Drafthouse on opening weekend with my Bestlings
- Book release days
- New tattoo day!
- Any and all rainstorms
What Keeps Me Up at Night:
- Whatever I’m currently writing
- My cat Stella yowling
- Fear of/feelings of failure
- Mental illness
- Naughty thoughts about Benedict Cumberbatch’s lips/voice
- Naughty thoughts about Tom Hiddleston’s…well, everything
- Repeating conversations
- Itchy bits
- Rehashing decisions
- Having a tiny tiny bladder
(Usually all on the same night, hence my dependence on Ambien.)
Movies That Make Me Laugh:
(I included quotes because movie quotes are my jam.)
- Big Hero 6
“I have some concerns.”
“Ray…when someone asks you if you’re a god, you say YES!”
- Guardians of the Galaxy
“YOU’RE! MAKING! ME! BEAT! UP! GRASS!”
- Marvel’s The Avengers
“Doth Mother know you weareth her drapes?”
- O Brother, Where Art Thou?
“Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.”
“Oh, look…I’ve been impaled.”
- Real Genius
“Kent, this is Jesus…and you’ve been a VERY NAUGHTY BOY.”
“And Vladamir collects ceramic unicoooooooooorns…”